Saturday, April 23, 2011

JM ARCHIVE: THE BEAST (1979-1981)

BEAST1

BEAST2 BEAST3 BEAST4 BEAST5 BEAST6 BEAST7 BEAST8 BEAST9 BEAST10

These are the covers of the complete run of The Beast magazine, published in the early 1980s. I created the magazine with the help of Michael Marten and designer Mikki Rain. It was one of the first animal liberation magazines in the world which, as time went on, also incorporated stories about nuclear issues, deforestation and other related matters before returning to an all-animal issue for the final one. Interested to hear from any Beast readers out there.

SEE PREVIOUS POST: The Beast Meets Planet Chicken

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, John,

Great blog! I am not a Beast Magazine reader per se, but am actually looking for a copy. I am a graduate student in California, and am hoping to write about an article published in one of the issues. I am wondering if you have any suggestions on where to track down a copy (digital or otherwise) of this magazine. I am specifically looking for No. 3. Thanks for your help, and I look forward to continuing to read your blog!

All the best and many thanks,

Rebecca Hogue